About Kurt Manufacturing
By performing beyond expectations our customers are loyal, our employees are rewarded with expanded opportunities, the corporation is strengthened by profitable growth, and leadership is achieved
Kurt Manufacturing is committed to customer satisfaction through continuous improvement.
History of Kurt Manufacturing
- 1946- Founded by Kurt Kuban, father of current president and owner Bill Kuban
- 1950's - Introduction of the "Kurt Vise", the industry leader in precision workholding solutions
- 1960's - Kurt Manufacturing is positioned as a major supplier to the burgeoning disk drive industry and other high tech industries
- 1970's- Kurt's success with business partner relationships helped to make Kurt into an industry leader in contract cnc machining and manufacturing.
- 1980's - As part of a vertical integration strategy, acquisition of several businesses complementing the existing corporate capabilities - acquisitions include:
- Two screw machine facilities; one in Minneapolis, MN and one in Lyman, NE
- Summit Gear - a precision gear manufacturer in Minneapolis, MN
- Strite Anderson - an aluminum die cast facility in Fridley, MN
- 1986 -
Kurt introduces the Kurt Check, an SPC software and hardware package. Kurt Engineered Systems is the premier custom manufacturer of SPC data collection systems, modular gaging systems and inline gaging systems.
- 1987 - Kurt opened a second precision machining facility in Pueblo, CO in support of Colorado's high tech industry, with the addition of impact extruding as a new capability
- 1990's - Kurt Manufacturing's continued quality journey continue through implementation of the following processes which are the basis for our current quality policy:
|Design of Experiments
||5 S Program
|Gage R & R
|AS 9100 B
||ISO 9000-2001 and QS 9000 ( Pueblo Plant only)
- 1996 - Dyna Fab (tube bending) and Theradyne Healthcare were acquired to further expand into the healthcare market
- 1998 - Development of Kurt Kinetic Trainer
- 2003 - Development of Kurt Hydraulics
- 2004- Manufacturing partner for Delta Hawk
- 2008- Coon Rapids Addition
- 2009- Addition of CMM Area
- 2010- Addition of the Doosan turning lathes.
- 2011- Addition of a Mazak 5 axis machining center with palette system.
- 2011- In November Kurt Manufacturing became an ESOP company. (Employ Share Ownership Plan).