- 1946 - Founded by Kurt Kuban, father of former president and owner Bill Kuban
- 1950's - Introduction of the "Kurt Vise", the industry leader in precision workholding solutions
- 1970's - Kurt's success with business partner relationships helped to make Kurt into an industry leader in contract cnc machining and manufacturing.
- 1980's- As part of a vertical integration strategy, acquisition of several businesses complementing the existing corporate capabilities - acquisitions include:
- Two screw machine facilities; one in Minneapolis, MN and one in Lyman, NE
- Summit Gear - a precision gear manufacturer in Minneapolis, MN
- Strite Anderson - an aluminum die cast facility in Fridley, MN
- 1986 - Kurt introduces their new division Kurt Engineered Systems with the development of Kurt Check, an SPC software and hardware package.
- 1987 - Kurt opened a second precision machining facility in Pueblo, CO in support of Colorado's high tech industry, with the addition of impact extruding as a new capability
- 1990's - Kurt Manufacturing's continued quality journey continue through implementation of the following processes which are the basis for our current quality policy:
|Design of Experiments||5 S Program||PFEMA|
|Team Training||6 Sigma||FEMA|
|Gage R & R||Cellular Manufacturing|
|AS 9100 B||ISO 9000-2001 and QS 9000 ( Pueblo Plant only)|
- 1998 - Development of Kurt Kinetic Trainer
- 2003 - Development of Kurt Hydraulics
- 2004 - Manufacturing partner for Delta Hawk
- 2008 - Coon Rapids Addition
- 2009 - Addition of CMM Area
- 2010 - Addition of the Doosan turning lathes.
- 2011 - Steve Carlsen named President and CEO.
- 2011 - Addition of a Mazak 5 axis machining center with palette system.
- 2011 - In November, Kurt Manufacturing became an ESOP company. (Employee Stock Ownership Plan).